Saturday, December 23, 2017

God made "a way" in a manger....


The question came up in my head today about why some people refuse to accept Jesus Christ.  

I know there are probably thousands of answers floating around out there... I mean seriously if we, who are believers, are honest....we all can admit that we have not been good representatives of Jesus at times.....

BUT what God laid on my heart was very relevant for the season we are now in.... CHRISTMAS....

when I asked that question... I felt God immediately answered me with this...

"because they think they are not good enough"

But actually it's true.....
WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH
and we won't ever be GOOD ENOUGH....
that's why Christmas came.....because JESUS was needed to be our "GOOD ENOUGH"

Growing up in the church I was taught so much of the LAW....but I never heard much about GRACE.
Don't get me wrong...the LAW is an important part of the Gospel.
Without the law we would never realize that we need a Savior....a way to be GOOD ENOUGH.

So today I am praying for those bound up in the thought of not being "GOOD ENOUGH".  Praying that they will come to the realization of the TRUE CHRISTMAS GIFT....
FROM GOD TO YOU.....

GOD SENT HIS SON TO SAVE IT.....NOT CONDEMN IT.....(John 3:17)

So my friends.....here is my prayer.....

May the 

all-surpassing

all-consuming

lavish love of Jesus,

 this Christmas,

 abolish the LIE

 that has stopped you from receiving 

HIS AMAZING GRACE 

so that you are no longer 

under the LAW 

but under HIS GRACE.

"And now all who BELIEVE in him receive that GIFT. For there is really no difference between us, for we ALL have sinned and are in need of the glory of God. Yet through his powerful declaration of acquittal, God freely gives away his righteousness. HIS GIFT OF LOVE and favor now cascades over us, all because JESUS, the Anointed One, has LIBERATED US FROM GUILT, punishment, and power of sin!" 
Romans 3:24 & 25 The Passion Translation


Gloria in excelsis Deo!

No comments: