Monday, December 24, 2012

My Christmas Miracle


Twenty three years ago today I laid eyes for the first time on our son and welcomed him into the world....but instead of getting to hold him...I stared at him through an incubator transport cart which was taking him by emergency transport to another hospital.  I was uncertain at that time if my "hello's and goodbye's" would be my last.  Born with severe birth defects we were not sure that he would make it through the first night, let alone the multiple surgeries that would take place over the span of a few years.  But God was merciful and He miraculously healed my little boy at times doing so by His own divine intervention instead of the medical team.  Through his birth I have grown closer and more intimate with the Lord.  He has taught both me and Grayson so much through our little Christmas baby's birth. 
Thank you God for sending us this special gift early Christmas morning 23 years ago today.  Even though that day was filled with so much uncertainty and pain.....You turned it around for our good and for Your honor.
We love you Drew and we are so proud of the man that you have become....
Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas!

No comments: