Saturday, March 24, 2012

"by Grace"


At the age of 50 most people my age are trying to cover up their tattoo's from their younger years of error and mistakes. However for my 50th birthday I went and got my very first tattoo, a well-thought-out tattoo.
For years I thought that tattoos were wrong, but a few years ago I came into the full revelation of grace....God's grace. I can explain this but Pastor Chuck Gerwig does it better from Santa Cruz Bible Church.http://www.sacredink.net/tattoo_and_the_bible/ With this revelation I pondered on what I would want permanently etched on my body and the word "Grace" kept coming to me. See I am the only person in the entire Universe that knows exactly what His grace means to me personally. I know the depth of His grace in my life. So this is why I chose the tattoo, "by Grace". And since the Old Testament forbade the practice of tattooing your body (see the above link for clarity of these laws) I chose the New Testament verse in Romans 6:14 which states, "I am no longer under law; but under grace".
The words, "by Grace" is open ended, which means I can add what comes after "by Grace". "by Grace"...I am free, "by Grace...I can love the way Christ loves me, "by Grace....I can forgive, the way Christ forgave me, "by Grace"....I am His child, "by Grace"..I am an heir of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, "by Grace"...when He sees me, He sees His righteousness, "by Grace"...He sees beauty instead of my old ashes of a regretted past, "by Grace"...His undeserved pardon for me!
Another aspect of this design was the fact that the "G" was a cojoined "J" and "C" which stands for Jesus Christ....He was the one that paid the price for my grace.
I didnt do this tattoo to be controversial. Instead I did it to hopefully be able to share with others that this same grace is also available to them just like it was for me.
And....for the young people that may be reading this blog, the link above has some very important information listed in it about when a tattoo is wrong, especially when you are under age and still under your parent's authority. (i.e. living in their home and putting your feet under their table no matter how old you are )
"by Grace"....
Jesus Loves Me...
this....I .....KNOW!
Peace & Blessings
L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Great!!!