Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Daydreaming"

Strange how things affect us....

Emotions are tricky, especially when you keep them in tack too long. My emotions got away with me the other day. It caught me so unaware…for a moment my emotions escaped me and ran rampant......they flooded my entire being and amazingly it all happened in the express line at WalMart (which on that day was not express at all!!)

I was waiting in this long line with my few items held tightly in my arms when I saw the “back of her head”from a few check-outs over. This lady’s head looked identical to my mama’s. It caught me so off guard……a flood of emotions escaped my “guarded” mind and I was surrounded with a gazillion feelings. I found myself daydreaming and pretending she was still here…..pretending she was here again inside of WalMart….just a few counters over from where I was standing. I imagined her turning around…..seeing me….then smiling and waving. I imagined myself running over there….and asking her what was for supper….I am sure those in Walmart never suspected my day dreaming ….nor did they notice my intent stare at her…..hoping and wishing the lady would never turn around…..cause then my daydream would end….and reality would bring itself back into focus.
This scenario ended all too soon….she turned around, and it was no longer “mama” but a total stranger whom I have never met and who had no connection with me whatsoever….but for a brief moment she was there......the person I have loved all my life….the woman I learned from, the one who gave me life, she was my "mama"……and for one moment in time, I was allowed the glorious opportunity of loving her once again here on earth, standing in the express line at WalMart…..and though it caught me off guard, I enjoyed every second of it…..
Daydreaming…..
Pretending…..
While staring….
At the
Back of her head!

I don’t usually write about such private thoughts….but for those of you who have lost someone close to you….you will know exactly where I am coming from…because if we are honest…we all have those moments…those sacred moments when we get a brief glance of someone that looks like someone we once loved here on earth that is no longer with us. Or we hear a voice that reminds us of that special person.
And…for those of you who have not yet lost someone close to you…my advice is ….go visit them today….call them on the phone and tell them how much they mean to you. Don’t wait…

Peace,
Lesa

No comments: