Sunday, December 30, 2007

Be My Everything

Great message today, given by Dr. Holmes. Not a doctor in theology but in medicine. That's what I love about our church. We have doctors there who are just as much aware of the spiritual side of a person as they are the physical. His messge? "God With Us" Immanuel. God has been with us; He is with us; and He will be with us.
To quote Psalms 139: 7-12 from the Message:
"Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you are there! if I flew on mornings wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute...you are already there waiting.Then I said to myself, "Oh He even sees me in the dark! At night I am immersed in the light! It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to You. Night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to You."

No comments: